Here is a list of tips for how to get the best video/audio quality with Zoom classes. Please do try these suggestions (and keep this document handy in case you have technical issues).
To prep your computer:
- Close everything that is open (everything) – save and close out of all word and Excel docs, close down iTunes, Skype, and whatever applications you usually run.
- Quit all applications except the Zoom application (the Zoom program needs as much CPU — computer processing power – as it can get to function optimally).
- Once you are in the class, you can also quit (close down) whatever browser you were originally using to access the meeting (Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
Each participant’s in-class experience depends on their own connectivity / bandwidth.
- If it is possible to do so, switch from a Wireless to a Wired Internet connection.
- If you are using wireless Internet, make sure you are close to the router so that you have the strongest signal possible.
- If possible make sure there are no other devices ON in your home that could cause wireless interference – this includes other computers, cell phones, iPad, etc. Other phones are fine if they are not using wifi.
- If possible turn OFF your iPhone and other devices – or at the very least disconnect them from the Internet-wifi (this will increase the available bandwidth).
- If you know that you do not have a strong Internet signal, you will do best to call into the meeting (call in using a landline if possible). The instructions for calling in are available once you are in the class. The steps involve
- Go to audio icon and “Use phone audio”
- Call the number provided using a land line (preferably) or cell phone. (you are given a call in number and a meeting id and participant id to enter when you make the call)
We highly recommend you sign into the meeting 5 minutes ahead of time to make sure that you’ve got a good connection and everything is working. Tamara will be able to verify your sound connectivity before the class begins .
We suggest you PRINT out this checklist to have handy before each session.
Thank you all for being so patient as we dance with technology … Blessings!