JUST FOR YOU! OUR COMPLIMENTARY E-BOOK:Step In to Your Personal Expressive Arts Practice is a great introduction and an easy way to build creativity into your every day.
It is our gift to you, and we hope it ignites a creative spark and provides you with an entry point into the field of Expressive Arts.
Your “First Step” includes both an audio Guided Meditation and written instructions for a simple and powerful practice we call “In This Moment”.
Let’s start off by answering some of your questions.
Expressive Arts? What is that, exactly?
The expressive arts consciously invite the power of creativity to change lives, both individually and in community.
Visual art, movement, writing, music, drama, and other creative processes combine and interact to bring about growth, healing, and wellness.
The expressive arts are not limited to one art modality, just as our creativity does not limit itself to a single art form.
We are all creative beings, and our artistic expressions are of value in expanding the possibilities in our lives and increasing our authentic expression. When we are immersed in art-making, we are in a state of relaxation and flow, bringing balance to our lives.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
Are you wondering…
Why a PERSONAL PRACTICE?
The short answer?
- It is good for you!
- A personal practice is sustaining and nourishing.
- Consistency in practicing the arts integrates creativity into daily life, and provides a framework for reaping its benefits.
- It increases the capacity for mindfulness and presence, and encourages deep personal listening and authentic self- expression.
What if I am “NOT AN ARTIST”?
This practice is for EVERYONE, regardless of how you define yourself and whether or not you have any prior experience with the arts. It is much more about creating an arts practice than a product.
WHAT DO I NEED?
Well, you don’t need much time, much space, many materials, or any experience! You don’t need to wait until….. (fill in the blank).
You do need: Intention, desire, structure, and support.
You can start right now
with what you already have.
- A box of crayons and some copy paper, a blank book and some colored pencils, some oil pastels and a sketchbook. Any of these will get you started.
- Of course, if you already have art materials that you like, by all means use them!
- A notebook or journal for writing.
- A little bit of space to move your body around.
- Some relaxing music that you enjoy (optional)
- A little bit of time for yourself – even 10 minutes is good!
It can be as simple as that!
|It is tempting to think you need “more”, but in truth, whatever you have is enough. A stick to draw in the sand might be all you need “in this moment”.|
Is there any support? Is there a place to share?
Yes! If you wish, you can join our private Facebook group. This is a community of people who have also made the choice to “step in” to Expressive Arts through one of our offerings. We recognize that sharing can create a sense of vulnerability, and we have set some clear guidelines for confidential sharing on the FB group. We would love to see you there! And, if you choose to work with this material on your own, or create your own support system, that is fine too!
What do I need to do to get the most out of this?
- Make your creativity a priority.
- Do that in a way that is authentic for you.
- Put it on your calendar and treat it with the same importance as the rest of your commitments.
- Gather your materials and have them ready.
- Set up your uninterrupted time and space.
Ready to Step In? Click here to begin.