INTERMODAL EXPRESSIVE ARTS CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Expressive Arts Florida Institute is a two-level training program for those interested in pursuing the Expressive Arts as a professional path, whether integrating it into an existing career, or beginning a career in the expressive arts field. Expressive Arts Florida Institute welcomes both those who are already familiar with expressive arts and those whose backgrounds are in other disciplines to apply for admission.
The following policy applies to all applicants, except where otherwise noted.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Students may apply for admission to any semester (Winter-January, Spring-April, or Fall-October).
New students will attend a required New Student Orientation course.
Any well qualified applicant with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent* may apply for admission to Expressive Arts Florida Institute. In general, students would be best prepared having some previous experience or practice in the arts, humanities, human growth and development or related field. Students who do not meet these standards may be eligible for admission but assigned additional coursework or reading in preparation.
*Those without a Bachelor’s degree who wish to apply must submit an essay of no less than 500 words addressing the ways in which their life and work experience prepares them for this training.
APPLICANTS TO THE INSTITUTE’S CERTIFICATE PROGRAM MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed and signed Application for Admission. You may submit online or mail hard copy to:
Expressive Arts Florida Institute
ATTN: Admissions Office
200 South Washington Boulevard Suite 1
Sarasota, Florida 34236
- A 3-4 page (double spaced) Autobiographical Essay describing personal and professional goals as well as your experience with Expressive Arts and creativity. Essay to include answers to the following:
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by English translations. Transcripts must arrive in their official sealed envelopes.
- Current Resume. Included should be your educational background (colleges and universities attended, A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent is required), work experience, and any special skills that may enhance your application credentials.
- Why do you wish to study at Expressive Arts Florida Institute and what do you hope to accomplish with the training?
- Describe your current work situation (if applicable).
- How are you currently using creativity or Expressive Arts in your current work setting and/or life?
- Do you currently have a regular personal arts practice? If so, please describe.
- How do you see your creativity influencing your ability to problem solve, meet challenges, and grow personally?
- Summarize your personal strengths, challenges, and areas for growth.
4. 2 Letters of Recommendation – one may be from an Instructor, Professor or Academic Advisor and the other may be from a Supervisor or Colleague. Recommendations must be completed on the downloadable form and must arrive in a sealed envelope. Recommendations may not be from family or friends.
5. Non-refundable $175.00 application fee.
The Application for Admission and supporting documents must be in English and received no later than the posted deadlines. As a general rule, incomplete applications will not be processed (rare exceptions may be made depending on which element of the application is missing). Late applications may be processed according to the ability of the Admissions Office. Once the application is complete, an Admissions interview with Expressive Arts Florida Institute Advisor will be scheduled (this can be done by telephone once application is received and reviewed).
DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
Rolling admission: Applications accepted at any time throughout the year. Space in classes is limited. Early application is recommended.
Prior to certificate being awarded, students of Expressive Arts Florida Institute will request (and participate in) a Final Certificate Review and pay a Final Certificate Review fee of $175.00.
Applicants who are not accepted for admission may re-apply after two semesters if they believe that they have improved a deficient segment of their application. Applications are retained by the EAFI Admissions Office for three years. Those candidates re-applying within three years must submit the following:
1) A letter requesting reactivation of their file
2) One updated letter of recommendation
3) An updated Essay on Educational and Professional Goals
4) Any item that improves the application from the previous submission
5) A reactivation fee of $50
For information on cancellations and refunds see Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Please be advised that enrollment in Expressive Arts Florida Institute Training Program is limited. Application does not guarantee acceptance. Expressive Arts Florida Institute reserves the right to choose the candidates for its certificate program in order to maximize the educational and professional experience offered. You will receive a response to your application within 30 days of receipt. Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office. We look forward to hearing from you.
Statement of Non-Discriminatory Admissions Policy
Expressive Arts Florida Institute does not discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, physical disability, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, or national origin in its admissions policies, in its scholarship programs, or in permitting access to its educational facilities, services and the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students.
Statement Regarding Qualification for Employment
This program is not designed or intended to qualify its participants and graduates for employment. It is intended solely for the avocation, personal enrichment, and enjoyment of its participants.